8 April 2015

Soap and Glory Lid Stuff in 'Whats Nude'




So it looks as if I'm back after a few weeks of being very busy (and sick with Laryngitis) and kicking things off with a little mid week review!

I love playing around with eye shadow, but I always go for something frosty or shimmery, so naturally headed out in my lunch break to pick up something matte and neutral!
I've had my eyes on these pallets from Soap and Glory for sometime- but never got round to actually purchasing one, so boots having their lovely 3 for 2 offer on sealed the deal for me.

This quad contains three matte shades, a white/cream, a light, flesh toned pink, a cool mid toned brown and one frosty, very lightly shimmered, purple toned brown. I'm a sucker for a neutral eye-shadow pallet, and always on the  look for something small and travel friendly as I'm always moving from one place to the next. The packaging isn't my favourite- I think it looks a little cheap and I could have done with a small mirror but that's personal prefere
nce! 

In terms of the texture, these are really soft, highly pigmented and don't crease- coming from me this is a huge deal! The only issue I've had with these is the fallout- with the white/cream shade I did end up with white powder under my eyes which needed tidying up- again, not a huge deal but irritating nevertheless! These are really effortless to blend, I haven't gone full smoky with them yet but for a small touch of colour through the crease or something slightly stronger they blend out like a dream!

I love the shade 'Aubersheen' it's just frosty enough to add much needed dimension to a matte eye look and also looks great on the lower lash line! 
I've also realised that mud-honey- the cool toned brown is perfect for my brows, I tend map them out with the S&G Archery pencil in Hot Chocolate- another amazing product but slightly too ashy for me- another post about that soon though!

Have you tried this little pallet?
Any S&G reconsiderations for me?

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment