19 April 2013

Boots No.7 Make Up Brush Cleanser Review

Hello again! 

So Recently I have purchased some new Make Up Brushes, and in order to keep them in the best condition and get the best wear out of them, a make up brush cleaner/cleanser, is vital! 
I'm a huge Mac Brush Cleanser fan, but as I am trying to buy all my Beauty product on a smaller budget I thought I'd stay in the high-street for this one!

I spotted No.7 Brush Cleanser in my local store; it retails for £8.00, but I had a £3.00 off No.7 Make Up voucher so it was a bargain for £5.00.  
The bottle is a clean and clear 185ml, with a slightly green tinged liquid inside, the pump action at the top is a good reason why I picked this up, makes for easer use when applying this to your cloth to clean.  
As with all No.7 products, this is hypo-allergenic, so that if you're like me, and have sensitive skin, worrying about what is in this product, or hesitating whether to purchase is not an issue.



The product itself isn't thrilling though; the smell is very clinical and smells a lot like alcohol; whilst I know this is a cleaner I would prefer a softer scent to it.  The cleaner does a brilliant job however, removing the last traces of make up left on my brushes extremely fast.   I tend to clean my brushes every 2-3 days with a quick wipe of this. I have noticed that it as not damaged the brushes, it does not leave a horrible smell on them and leaves them very soft. 
The packaging is fine, I'm not overly bothered about it, although I think a lid to put on top on the pump would be brilliant as I travel a lot this is an issue with it getting knocked! 
I can't say that this is much worse or better than Mac Brush Cleanser, it is only £1.50 less and obviously, being from boots a lot more accessible! 
I would rate this product a 4/5, down sides being the pump with no lid, and the strong alcohol smell, apart from that this is a perfect good cleanser, and a bargain! 

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment