24 June 2013

Benefit 'They're Real' VS Maybelline 'The Falsies'


I’ve heard so much hype around Benefit's 'They're Real' that, in all honesty, I was nervous the try it! I hate nothing more than expecting something brilliant that other people have recommended to death and being bitterly disappointed when it fails to meet your expectations! I hesitated to buy this due to this very reason; I saw that there was a free sample with a magazine I get (can’t remember which mag but taa!) so I jumped at the chance to try this out and finally be (what I expected to be) thrilled with its ‘magical qualities to make my eyelashes look absurdly long!’

I'm going to show you a before and after with this mascara and my favourite all time that is Maybelline’s ‘The Falsies’ I personally have not yet found a mascara that will make me give up The Falsies and I’ll be damned it this does!

So... this is my eye with 0% mascara on, I'm lucky to have quite long lashes but they're tin on the ground so I like to add a lot of volume to the base :) that's why I love Maybelline so much! 

Firstly I'll point out I haven't curled my eyelashes for this, I am not wearing any eye liner either! 

So Maybelline's The Falsies has obviously added a lot of volume at the base, it give the eye a pop and also makes my lashes super long! I also put it on the ends of my bottom lashes to open up my eyes a little more! I think the only thing I don't rate about this is that it could be more voluminous but I do love it!  The applicator is great, its bristles, its slightly curved which has given the lovely flick out on the lashes!
In terms of the packaging; I'm not too fussed on this one, I like the shape of it, It does stand out with its bright purple but I think it could be a little more classy if they're opted for black like the do on the waterproof version! 


 I'm actually really impressed with They're real! There is a noticeable different in the volume at the base of the lashes with has framed my eye a lot nicer! I don't feel to thrilled about the applicator though! It is plastic which I usually try and stay clear of! I absolutely love the packaging if I'm honest; it's elegant, the colours aren't gaudy and the shape it fab so it doesn't roll around my draws and cause havock! 

I think after looking back at the photos I'm really starting to get drawn towards They're Real! a lot more; the shape and density of the lashes, to me, looks a lot nicer and my eye looks framed slightly better also.    I have to say though I do still reach for my Maybelline first though; it does have the wow factor when its layered on, it tends to thicken up my lashes better and looks great with some smudged kohl liner! 

I hope this helps someone if you're wondering what these two products were actually like! I love them both but I think over all I'll stick with The Falsies for now! I just can't be doing with a plastic applicator and  prefer the overall finish it gives!


M x

1 comment:

  1. Aww thank you! That's a shame! I'm loving Max Factor False Lash Effect at the moment! Better volume :) xx

    ReplyDelete