4 September 2014

Two: Voluminous Hair Must Haves







I think I look a little ridiculous with flat hair, I wish I could get away with it but sadly I can't- my hair demands more attention than that! As my teenage back combing days are long gone I've started opting for volume with less damage to my hair. For me I want something that gives effortless bouncy locks with no fuss- not asking for much right?!

I don't like using voluminous shampoo and conditioner, although I have thick hair it tends to fall flat at the roots once I've styled it, so all the haircare is doing is adding extra thickness I really don't want. I've found that powders and texturizing sprays work wonders for me- first I love the Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Texterizing Spray, this stuff adds that undone, beachy look to my hair, perfect when you give it a little work with your fingers. This is meant to be a good dupe for the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray which at £39.00 I will never purchase, it's just ridiculous money for hair products!  For £6.99 at boots this is a steal, it smells great and leaves gorgeous texture. I use minimal amount of this through the lengths of my hair and give it a quick ruffle around and I'm set to go! Also love this through second day curled hair to give it a relaxed look.

My second favourite to add quick volume is the V05 Give Me Texture Instant Oomph Powder, this is a little harder to work with but the results are great. This is a white powder than I use only on my roots, never any showing directly or I'd look like a birds nest! I section out my hair and sprinkle this very sparingly and massage in, it does literally give instant volume- the work you work it in the more volume you get! This add's really great volume and shape to and style, I tend to work this in the then curl the ends of my hair for a really bouncy polished style. The feeling it leaves isn't something I'm in love with- it feels almost damp to the touch and really messes up the section you're working into so combing and smoothing is always needed. I use this is I know I'm washing my hair that night as I've found brushing it out completely isn't the easiest job! 

What's you're favourite products for bigger hair?

M x


2 comments:

  1. great post, flat hair really doesnt suit me either so your tips are really helpful! I might give the charles worthington product a go, would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the spray! Also smells amazing, got it in today and keep catching a wiff of it a work haha lush! Love your blog, outfits are all amazing! :)x

      Delete