13 March 2015

Shows You Should be Watching Right Now!



I'm a huge TV/Film junkie, I love disappearing into my room and amercing myself in another reality, it's my way of unwinding after a long day. I have a massive and still ever growing list of shows that I'm watching, so naturally I'm always forcing them upon friends and family members, so now it's your turn, lovely reader!
These are in no way in an order- I couldn't do that to myself!

The Walking  Dead
If you like apocalyptic worlds raise your hand! This show follows a group of survivors in a world now overrun by 'walkers' or zombies to you and I. Its follows Rick Grimes, leader of the group and ex-police officer who is balancing his family with young children and staying alive. The group is made up of people from all walks of life; I guess showing how when it comes down to it, we're all the same! I find every episode of this really intense so can't binge watch it, also if you don't like blood then possibly stay clear! Violence level is through the roof! I also have an irrational crush on Daryl Dixon.


Scandal 

I only got into this about 4 months ago and binge watched it until I was completely up to date. A quick low down- Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington, absolute goddess) is at the centre of this, she's a 'fixer' for high profile politicians etc. She helps them out of small charges all the way to murder... there's not a situation her team can't fix. She's connected romantically to the President (Tony Goldwyn) which always throws a spanner in the works. I didn't think any remotely political drama would be for me but this is one of my favourite shows at the moment and I'm always excite for the next episode! P.S Olivia had AMAZING clothes, hair and make up.

Game of Thrones
Confession: I have yet read the books. My dad got me into this series, if you like fantasy and a bit (a lot) of violence then you'll like this. It's pretty much War of Roses with magic, which is perfect for me. Game of Thrones isn't just a middle aged man's program, I think it's a really good place to start to introduce fantasy genre books and shows to a different audience, also John Snow isn't awful to look at. P.S. I 100% want Khaleesi's eyebrows...

Once Upon A Time 

If you hadn't guessed already I like shows that are miles away from my own reality. Once Upon A Time is basically ass fairy tale characters brought to life, stuck in the human world. It dives further into each characters back story and links them all, somehow! It's so light to watch, the visual FX are a little dodgy, but the acting is superb a lot of the time. I have to say the shows improved ten fold over the years, the current season contains Frozen, which I wasn't keen on but still love it, perfect easy watching! 

What are your favourite show? Any Recommendations? 

M x

2 comments:

  1. All of these shows are so great! I watch each one, ha! You should definitely check out the Fall on Netflix. It's an original series with Jamie Dornan. So. Good. You won't regret it! Great post :)


    Kalee | www.voyageurkalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check that out! Anything with Jamie Dornan's face is fine with me :)

      Delete