10 March 2015

#CambMeetUp and Getting My Writing Mojo Back!


I'm sure you're well aware that I tend to dip in and out of this blog- one week I'm posting regularly the next I'm silent. This just comes down to the fact I'm a busy person and enjoy down time when I get it... I've been searching for inspiration recently to get writing again and at the perfect time the lovely Pippa from Clashing Time, organised a meet up for bloggers and vloggers in the South East of the UK.

I'm a really anxious person, for the idea of walking into a room full of strangers made me feel a bit panicky, I'll be honest, I did feel like backing out multiple times! but I'm so glad I ended up going, it was a really good chance to meet bloggers in the area! 
I think being a blogger is a really hard thing to explain and discuss with family and friends who don't share this interest- there's a lot of  'why would people want to read about make up' etc. so being in a room of people who 'get it' and love it like I do was really amazing- I've met some lovely ladies who I can't wait to get to know better! 
I'll go into the meet up in detail in another post, there were some amazing products and companies there that deserve their own post! 

A topic that came up a lot at the meet up was content- how to individualise your blog from the mountain of beauty blogs online? The answer the majority gave- make it about you! The main reason I go off writing is because there's such a huge volume of the same thing for beauty bloggers, I feel like it's not enjoyable after a while and a post gets lost in a crowd! I've decided to just relax into this more and just post what I enjoy writing, but ultimately I started this blog to talk all things beauty, so beauty I shall chat- which a mish-mash of everything else! 
So in short, look out for a post about my first meet up experience, it was amazing- here's a little peak at the goodies that I was kindly given!



M x 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thank you for blogging about it :)
    www.clashingtime.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete