8 March 2015

Favourite Bases | March 2015




I've been really changing things up with my bases recently- yes that does mean I've put the Bourgois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation! 
I've really enjoyed using a higher coverage recently, mainly due to my face freaking out, it's also meant I've kept my eyes and lips really simple and concentrated on a nice clean, clear base! 

I've been reaching for the Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation about 4 out of 7 days a week- for work this is just perfect. I have really dehydrated skin, so it sucks the water out of anything it touches- lush! This keeps me hydrated all day, doesn't cling to dry patches and lasts all day long. I love how this covers a multitude of skin sins, with a really limited need to any concealer! If I'm wanting something a little less dewy, with slightly more of a semi matte finish then I always grab the Revlon ColourStay for normal to dry skin, in Buff Chamois, this again is a good full coverage foundation, but isn't as dewy as the MAC offering, this can slightly dry my skin out if I'm wearing this on a long day, so I use this for events, or nights out when I want to look flawless, but don't want my make up to move. 
In terms of concealer, I've really only reached for two, products; so I'll keep this simple. Under my eyes I'm using the Benefit Erase Paste in the Shade Fair 1, this is super creaming- possibly not great on oily/combination skins types, but for me this is great, stays for hours if I powder it. For any other blemishes and slightly brightening under my eyes re. Kim K, I use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, in the shade 15; again really creamy, doesn't cake up or crease, it's not as long lasting so I carry this in my hand bag just in case! 

Any base suggestions for me? 
What are you loving for a base this month?

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment