21 January 2015

Flexiglaze: Does this Work?





I'm that person who's nails chip after 20 minutes of being painted... I'm on an ever lasting search for a nail polish/ base coat/ top coat that will magically not chip after a day (without having Shellac, I don't want to ruin my nails!) 
Flexiglaze is a base coat that 'Stop Splits, Prevent Peeling, Forget Flaking Forever, lasts up to 2 weeks once applied' In theory that's great! I was given a lovely blogger sample of this so was excited when this arrived in the post to test it out. 

I'll be honest I was expecting miracles here, but was sadly disappointed... here's why:
This is basically nail glue, it has the nail glue scent and texture, leaves your hands a mess if you get it on skin (me). I applied this as instructed: 1 coat, let it dry, which by the way took forever, then apply another 1-2 coats. I did 2 coats, being impatient, then buffed this down once it was completely dried. I left this about an hour before applying colour, which applied fine on top of this, and dried at usual speed, i then left this for another 20 minutes and applied my Seche Vite top coat. So a good hour/two hours later I had painted nails! 

Credit where it's due, this did make my nails feel really hard, they didn't split or break once when using this which is a great bonus, but probably says more about my nails that this product to be fair! 
The thing this didn't do well was stop the polish chipping for two weeks, there was a noticeable difference in the time my polish stayed in tact, not chipping for at least 3 days even though I type/ wash my hands a lot. 

This product to me, just promises too much; yes it does strengthen the nail and stop it from breaking but doesn't have a great lasting power to keep a polish on... maybe this is just personal to me but I wasn't blown away by this- as much as I was hoping this would be amazing- it simply wasn't. My hunt for longer lasting nail varnish continues! 

You can get Flexiglaze from here: http://flexiglaze.co.uk/


Any recommendation for my weak/chip prone nails?

M x

1 comment:

  1. Flexiglaze is definitely not a normal nail glue.

    It is a nail coating that is a special flexible adhesive formula (smells similar to nail glue and similar texture but is in no way the same formulation, as a simple 'nail glue') .

    Flexiglaze will help strengthen and help prevent flaking and split nails.

    It is not a product that in any of its advertising, claims to keep polish on for longer..

    ReplyDelete